To reinforce our team, we are currently looking for a talented
Automated Instrumentation Engineer (F/M)
You will join our multi-site development team and will be based at our Californian office in Laguna Hills.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Identify instrumentation, lighting, and equipment for performing image-based X, Y, and depth measurements.
• Develop or work with automation vendors to integrate automation inspection equipment, mostly optical based, into manufacturing lines.
• Analyze and improve inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment.
• Analyze and interpret engineering drawings with applicable Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) into inspection programs.
• Participates as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Statistical Process Control (SPC)
• Lead machine programming efforts for AOI and SPI.
• Experience with XY imaging equipment and developing lighting schemas to improve image-based measurement repeatability.
• Experience with confocal, interferometer, and depth of focus measurement and physics.
• Experience with design requirements, defining requirements, designing, configuring and/or programing SQL based data logging and reports.
• Applied knowledge of Blueprint reading and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) practices to industry standards (ANSI, ASME, ISO).
• Applied experience of Statistical tools for evaluating process capability (Cpk) and process control (SPC).
• Applied experience in Measurement System Analysis (MSA), such as Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility (GR&R) studies, Gage Attribute studies.
• Applied resource management experience, particularly in a shared services application
• Technical writing skills, including writing user requirements, work instruction / procedure, testing protocol and summary report creation
• Experience with complex inspection systems, such as Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMMs), Vision Systems, Height Gauges, Force Testers.
• Proficient programming experience with inspection software such as PC-DMIS, MeasureMind3D, Zone3, MeasureX, Keyence VR, Visual Basic (VB) / Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python and BlueHill.
• Experience with SolidWorks, Creo, AutoCad or other Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software packages.
• Experience with Minitab, Predisys SPC, and Adobe Writer applications
• Experience with simple inspection systems, such as Optical Comparators, Height Gauges, Drop Indicators, Calipers, Micrometers, Pin gauges
• Familiar with and comfortable functioning in a fast paced and dynamic environment where taking initiative and collaborating cross-functionally are critical for success.
• Must be passionate about test methods and quality
• Must be able to work effectively and collaborate within cross functional teams
• Must be able to effectively articulate (verbally and in writing) results and conclusions to technical and non-technical personnel
• Must have strong documentation skills
• Must take initiative and have the ability to conduct hands-on work
• Must possess the ability to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail